Health, safety and wellbeing awareness training for all Ofcom staff
Ofcom regards the wellbeing of colleagues to be of utmost importance and its approach to health and safety reflects this.
This e-learning module is a mandatory course. It provides an overview of policies and procedures and signposts colleagues to other specific information available on the Ofcom intranet, the Loop. The module is a pre-requisite to any further targeted health and safety training.
The aim is to raise awareness about health, safety and wellbeing across the organisation: what the benefits are, what action is required and what the learners’ responsibilities are to themselves, their colleagues and the business.
The program helps to drive behavioural and attitudinal change; challenging any resistance to adopting good practice and encouraging learners to play their part in Ofcom’s positive health, safety and wellbeing culture.
The program also provides a ‘wrapper’ for Ofcom’s existing health and safety resources, making its policies and procedures more accessible and easily understood.
After completing the e-learning Ofcom employees are able to:
- Communicate the benefits of a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture
- Summarise Ofcom’s approach to health, safety and wellbeing
- Outline key roles and responsibilities (business, managers and colleagues)
- Describe the work of Ofcom’s Health and Safety Committee
- Recognise some common health and safety risks in the workplace
- Recall practical techniques for reducing these risks
- Apply aspects of Ofcom’s policies and procedures to given situations
- Recall how and where to find further information on safety and wellbeing at Ofcom