Highly interactive workbooks covering administering of medicines
Nestor Healthcare Group is one of the biggest private sector companies dedicated to providing managed services to the UK health and social care sector. Walkgrove were commissioned to develop highly interactive workbooks covering the administering of medicines and elements of the Nestor Care Worker Induction programme.
The Administering Medicines workbook met the requirements of City & Guilds, Unit 221, Level 2 NVQ in Social Care and was delivered to over 3,500 of their care workers.
Written in plain English to suit workers who do not have English as a first language and enlivened with appropriate graphics and humour, the workbooks were very well received.
Feedback included the following.
- “The course teaches you things that you don't always have the answers to”
- “Easy to understand and follow”
- “I felt it answered a lot of questions and cleared up a lot of previously grey areas”
- “I believe that anybody in social care would benefit from this course”
- “This course is fantastic. I have learnt some useful information and would recommend it to all my team”
- “Clarified what you can and can't do very effectively”
Keen to build on the success of providing underpinning knowledge training in new media, Walkgrove developed a Risk Assessment for Carers e-learning module which was hosted for Nestor on Walkgrove’s LMS. The response to the new learning medium was universally positive.