Blended program for technical training covering seaming and welding assessment
Crown is the world leader in packaging technology. With operations in 41 countries employing over 21,000 people and net sales of $8.3 billion, they provide global breadth as well as regional expertise. They also develop and provide world-class performance standards and innovations to the industry from their technology centres.
Crown Technology commissioned Walkgrove to develop a bespoke e-learning program and assessment to blend with and enhance their current classroom-based training on welding. The seaming and welding of metal cans correctly is a key process in the packaging industry – and mistakes are expensive and potentially dangerous. A secondary objective of this important project is to prove the concept of e-learning for delivering consistent learning messages across the whole of the organisation and also for conducting and monitoring web-based assessments.
Key requirements included the facility for in-house editing of the modules and ensuring that the content could be translated into other languages.
- Uses a balanced mix of information-based content screens and engaging interactions
- Integrates effective use of self assessment activities throughout, adopting a range of interactivity types so that learners can build confidence in their knowledge
- Uses a straightforward delivery style, making effective use of appropriate illustrations, diagrams and animations
- Adopts a simple and intuitive navigational approach, free from complex branching
- Includes a bespoke LMS for tracking usage by a world-wide audience
Walkgrove has worked with Crown Technology for 19 years; developing technical training solutions using all modern media.