Rapid development using Articulate Storyline
- Mobile friendly, non-responsive
Carillion commissioned Walkgrove to develop a short awareness raising module covering the Construction Industry Scheme. The project was a rapid development using Articulate Storyline.
The Construction Industry Scheme is an HM Revenue and Customs scheme that sets out the rules for how Contractors make payments to sub-contractors for certain types of work. Failure to comply with the rules of the scheme carries penalties including fines, business sanctions and, in extreme cases, imprisonment.
Whilst Carillion has robust back office systems and processes to meet all the scheme’s requirements, they needed to raise awareness of front line staff in terms of recognising when work falls within the scope of the scheme and taking the appropriate action.
Therefore, the purpose of the module is to ensure that anyone who raises requisitions or purchase orders or who authorises invoices has an awareness of the Construction Industry Scheme and knows what they should do when the work they are procuring falls within the scope of the scheme. More specifically, at the end of the module learners are able to:
- Explain what the Construction Industry Scheme is and how it affects Carillion
- Recognise work that is ‘in scope’ of the scheme
- Correctly flag requisitions and raise purchase orders for work that is ‘in scope’
- Check that sub-contractors invoices have an acceptable labour/materials split
- Access further information on the Construction Industry Scheme